The BedKind team interviewed Lauren Brill, native pony show producer, about how she uses BedKind at her yard in Northamptonshire, UK.
Lauren has ridden since the day she could walk, and hasn’t stopped since. Already an accomplished pony producer, Lauren recently placed 1st at Olympia in the New Forest Pony of the Year class with her pony Harvey’s Magic Moment.
Tell us about your ponies!
My favourite pony is Colin, a little Welsh Section A stallion, pink and perfect. I’ve owned him for the past two years, and over that time he’s exceeded all expectations – he’s just perfect in every way really!
What bedding were you using previously? How does BedKind compare?
We’ve been on straw and shavings, more recently straw. BedKind’s just so, so much easier to deal with on a daily basis – straw is just a nightmare, and it smells! That’s another big point that we’ve realised with BedKind, that there’s no smell. Straw’s very smelly, and you end up smelling of it, and the dust is a major point. Also, fat native ponies like to eat straw, but they don’t like eating BedKind!
What are your favourite things about BedKind?
My favourite things about BedKind are:
- It’s minimal waste, especially when it comes to a disposal point of view, and I have a small muck trailer so the less waste needed as possible.
- There is less dust, which is good being in an indoor barn!
- As I’m by myself on the yard a lot of the time, I tend to skip out most days and have a big muck out at the weekends, which is just much easier for maintenance.
- I don’t have to put as much BedKind bedding in as I would with straw.
- It doesn’t fly about the place, which is much better.
To find out more about Lauren and her ponies watch the full video here, and shop now to discover BedKind bedding for yourself!
If you have any other questions about BedKind please get in touch by using our handy contact form, giving us a quick call on 01234 862169, or emailing us via email@example.com.